Category Archives: Real Estate
Work the BPO for a Successful Short Sale Approval:
- Schedule the meeting with the appraiser/realtor to do the BPO. The BPO is the “Broker’s Price Opinion”; and sometimes a real estate broker values the property and sometimes it’s an actual appraiser. Your lender will decide who does this.
- Prepare for the BPO. Your job is to make your house look as ‘worthless’ and as much of a ‘liability’ as possible. Go to the local police department to get crime statictics for your area. Search online to find out if there are any sex-offenders in your area and print out the details. And if possible, get three nearby sales of similar homes that support your buyers offer.
- Meet the BPO agent at your property. Find out if the agent is aware of the situation. They are hired by the bank, so they are not likely to be very helpful to you. None-the-less, this is by far the most important interaction of the entire process. Without being pushy explain your hardship and offer your data to help them with their evaluation.
- Allow at least 3 days for bank to receive the BPO. Then contcat them to see when they will be deciding if your buyers offer is adequate to cover the short sale payoff that they will allow.
- Call back again at least once a week to find out the status. The lender will eventually give you a counter offer. If necessary, provide additional information to support the offer. This may include a professionally prepared repair estimate detailing additional expenses that the BPO agent may not have allowed for.
- You may go back and forth several times with the buyer and lender before getting a definite yes or no. (Each time you submit a counter offer to the bank you will need a new HUD prepared. ) If the bank agrees to your buyers offer, get the short sale payoff in writing (a verbal commitment means nothing).
All you have to do now is make sure the buyer has the funds to purchase at the accepted payoff, which may require you to confirm that they are approved for a loan. (This step is essential because if the buyer cannot close within the allotted time – usually 30 days – you will need to find a new buyer and start the whole process over. )
To find out more about selling your home quickly and to learn other ways to stop a foreclosure visit: http://firstchoicehomesolutions.com
For immediate relief of your problem ownership contact Shawn Hutchison directly at email@example.com
We provide Real Answers to your real estate problems.
CLV Group has been involved in many successful construction and redevelopment endeavours. The following are a few select projects.
218 MacLaren – 46 Unit Apartment Building
This property was extensively renovated throughout including mechanical systems, exterior and common area upgrades and individual unit upgrades. Mechanical systems improvements were made to lower ongoing utilitiy costs and improve delivery of heat and hotwater. Exterior upgrades included new balconies railings, entrance canopy, landscaping and new paving. Common area improvements were also made to the property including a new grand entrance with wireless lounge, hallway improvements and an addition of a fitness centre. Unit upgrades consisted of new kitchens, bathrooms, flooring and lighting. These improvements resulted in a significant increase in rents and property value for the owners as well as comfort and satisfaction in the residents of the building.
131-141 Cooper Street – 200 Unit Hotel
As an example of redevelopment, representing a group of potential purchasers we purchased 131/141 Cooper Street as an apartment building and converted it to a 200 unit combined apartment and hotel, known as The Aristocrat, after analyzing market needs. Significant work was undertaked to make this conversion a success including common area modifications, exterior upgrades, creating a corridor between both buildings, in unit improvements and furnishing of the suites. This action created a 50% increase in property value.
Downtown Heritage Buildings Portfolio – 4 Apartment Buildings
CLV Construction represented a group of investors in renovating and retrofitting a portfolio of 4 apartment buildings, ranging from 22 units to 35 units. These buildings were near turn of the century construction with heritage flair. CLV Construction managed the installation of a new HVAC system to reduce energy consumption, upgraded all the common areas and interior unit elements. Individual units were outfitted with modern kitchens and bathrooms while maintaining the heritage flair that made these buildings unique. The improvements took place over 3 months and created a significant increase in value for the owners.
CLV Construction and Development conducts comprehensive project management through trust and integrity. They offer apartments in various cities, them Hamilton apartments for rent are one of them.
Managing an expansive portfolio of residential units and commercial space, CLV Group initiated a Construction and Development Division to help lower maintenance and capital repair costs within the existing portfolio.
This endeavor quickly attracted highly qualified craftsman as the division developed a reputation as a top quality contractor. It became an evident natural evolution to expand the department to offering this service to the marketplace.
The division specializes in renovating major projects; which range in price from $20,000 to $5,000,000. The division focuses its effort on commercial properties, hotels, industrial properties, and multi-familyresidential properties. The division also provides superior consulting, estimating and project management. CLV Construction and Development takes pride in providing exceptional quality and craftsmanship on each project we stand behind.
CLV Group Ottawa – Your Full Service Real Estate Provider. Choose houses Wallaceburg Apartments for Rent
, townhomes & Trenton Apartment Rentals from over 7200 units of CLV Group.
With roles of contractor, real estate agent, residential owner and real estate entrepreneur so often blurred in today’s world of home businesses and owner operated real estate firms, when you are about to have a home inspection in Nassau County Long Island, you should be cautious about the disinterestedness of the person or firm you are about to hire. Often, inspectors and real estate professionals are familiar with one another and home owners and home buyers must protect themselves from being swindled.
It is malpractice for a home inspector to have any relation or partnership with the owners of the residence to be inspected. Moreover, the inspector should have no financial interest in the outcome of the inspection. This may seem like common sense, but many home buyers have been burned by a home inspector who was more interested in providing all parties with a clean inspection report simply to ensure the real estate transaction will indeed be completed.
Other than a financial interest in the property itself, a home inspection in Nassau County Long Island should not be carried out with a payment pending upon completion of any real estate transaction. The conflict of interest is clear: if the inspector believes he will not be paid if certain details of the residence are disclosed, then he is less likely to provide a completely impartial post-inspection report. If you are serious about buying or selling a house, it is worth the investment to pay to have an inspection carried out regardless of the transaction’s completion. An impartial inspection is valuable in and of itself, as it will reveal any problems that need to be rectified before a fair sale can be made.
Most often, an unprofessional home inspector will offer to provide a commission to the seller of the house or real estate agents, for referring clients to their inspection business. This is a way for them to drum up business at the source. Real estate agents and home sellers will see a great deal of would be buyers. They are in an excellent position to directly market home inspection services to potential clients. When you plan to have a home inspection in Nassau County Long Island, this type of scam is the most difficult to avoid. Some real estate agents will recommend a home inspector simply because the agent finds the inspector to be reliable and there is no underhandedness involved. However, it might best serve your interests to interview several home inspectors before making a decision. Also, if you know anyone in the building industry, ask their opinion of the candidates you are considering and get their recommendation. It’s best to disregard recommendations from industry people you do not know personally.
Olympian Civil Home and Building Inspections (866) 476-2056
Visit our house and home learning library
Copyright © 2008 Olympian Civil Home and Building Inspectors,
2008 All Rights Reserved
Please visit my inspection mega-site for more information about my full service home inspection and environmental testing company. We service Brooklyn, Queens, New York, Manhattan, Staten Island, Nassau County, Yonkers and the Bronx. You may also wish to visit my learning library which is packed with great tips and advice for buyers, sellers and homeowners alike. Lastly, you can also take advantage of my VIP referrals for vendors in over 50 home related trades, where your satisfaction is assured and the inspection of vendors completed workmanship or products is conducted on your behalf for free; visit my site for more details or call toll free 866-476-2056.
How many times can a home go into foreclosure before the bank finally gives up and stops accepting any payments? For homeowners who have fallen behind more than once, or who own more than one property and are contemplating foreclosure on several houses, this is a serious issue. Thankfully, there is little real danger that a mortgage company will simply stop accepting any payments, even if the owners fall into foreclosure numerous times.
Homeowners can experience their house going into foreclosure as many times as they face a hardship and run out of money to pay the mortgage for a period of months. The bank will wait until the owners are usually 3-6 months behind, and then it will begin to file the foreclosure paperwork in the local courts. If the homeowners pay the arrears back before the property is auctioned off, then the foreclosure process has to stop for the time being. Of course, if they fall behind again, the process will start up from the beginning.
No matter how many times they fall behind during the life of the mortgage loan, though, it is unlikely that the bank would just stop taking any payments from the owners at all and call in the loan. After all, the original mortgage contract states that the borrowers have to pay a set amount of every month to keep the house or incur penalties and other charges if payments are missed or the house is foreclosed on. There is nothing in the loan documents that would allow the mortgage company to refuse to take the monthly payments any longer, except when the house is actually the subject of foreclosure proceedings.
It would also be difficult for the bank to prove to a court that they are entitled to anything besides the homeowners’ monthly payments if they can make them on time and pay back any amount they have fallen behind. Just because they may have fallen behind in the past does not mean that the bank can just give up on the loan completely and stop accepting even on time payments – as long as the homeowners made up the payments later on, the lender got everything it was due, plus a lot of accrued interest, late fees, court costs, and other charges.
In fact, if borrowers’ houses are going into foreclosure or falling behind quite often, but they are able to pay back the arrears eventually, then these types of homeowners may be a great client from the bank’s perspective. With all of the extra fees the lenders are charging to the loan when homeowners miss a payment, the effective interest rate may be much higher than the owners believe, which translates into higher profits on the frequently defaulted loan for the lender.
Of course, that might also be a good reason to try and keep up on the payments at all times, or just let one house go if it is not affordable. Selling or giving the bank a deed in lieu of foreclosure on one property might let the homeowners off the hook on one particular house, while allowing them to keep the other properties and make the payments a lot more consistently. It makes little sense to keep falling behind in mortgage payments just to keep one house out of foreclosure – eventually, with all of the extra charges, it may just become too expensive to get back on top of a mortgage.
Instead of routinely falling behind on one mortgage and then falling behind on other bills to pay back the arrears on the house loan, it may be better for homeowners to find more permanent solutions that will help them stop foreclosure. Eventually, it will become too cost prohibitive to keep falling behind on the house loan, and the bank may take advantage of a sustained hardship to force a full foreclosure through the court system. For this reason, homeowners should consider better options and possibly finding solutions that will lower their bills so that they can keep at least one roof over their heads.
The ForeclosureFish website has been created to provide homeowners in danger of losing their houses with relevant and important foreclosure help and resources. The site describes various methods that may be used to save a home, such as foreclosure refinance loans, mortgage modification, short sales, bankruptcy, and more. Visit the site to read more articles about how foreclosure works and how the process may be avoided before it is too late: http://www.foreclosurefish.net
Most apartment complexes now conduct criminal background checks and this is in order to avoid discriminatory accusations of biased renting and also to protect their investments. Apartments also want to ensure that they keep their reputation as a safe neighborhood so existing tenants can renew their leases. All these factors weigh heavily into why apartments screen their prospective tenants. Another reason why apartments feel compelled to conduct criminal background checks is because they do not want their apartment to be a regular source of police activity and thereby drive rent prices down.
So if you have a criminal record, what are the tactics you can employ? There are a few tactics you can employ but one of the most effective is to get someone who is esteemed in society to vouch for your character. You can achieve this by getting someone like a pastor who knows you to write a letter to the apartment and state that he or she knows you and that you are a reformed person and an outstanding model citizen. To augment the letter, you can also write your own that also explains your side of the story.
One other thing you can include in your letters is the any membership to any community volunteer services. These can be extremely helpful and can sway the apartment manager into granting you an approval.
Apartment managers are also employees who also have bosses and upper management monitoring their actions. Sometimes the apartment manager does not have the freedom to grant you an approval and he or she may have to go to his or her manager. In our experience, if you present yourself convincingly, you may be granted an approval.
Renting an apartment with a criminal record can be a frustrating ordeal especially if you do not know where to start. You may end up with numerous denials which can really wreak havoc on your self-esteem. One thing to remember is not to give up and to think strategically because there is a solution no matter how bleak the situation.
You can also seek more advanced publications which can give you more tips on how to get past an apartment criminal background check. Leading in this area is an E-book that gives more information on how to get approved for an apartment regardless of criminal record and you can access it at simplecreditsecrets.net
Irene James is an internet expert specializing in website design, credit issues, content management, e-commerce, ebay and online marketing. You can view one of her projects here http://www.simplecreditsecrets.net
Here’s 3 Powerful Ways To Keep Informed In A Fast-Paced World.
1. The Internet – There has never been a need for you to keep more informed than now and the need grows daily. Fortunately it’s never been easier for average people to keep informed . . . if you know how and where to look. The internet is the tool for the information age. Anyone who is not using it will be like a person trying to play basketball with one arm, you’re limited in what you can do. Worst of all you’ll have to wait until others give you information, by then it may be too late to benefit from it, that’s how fast information will come . . . and go!
In the past if you were a homeowner you usually only had to discover a piece of information once and that information stayed the same for years. But with today’s volatile financial and housing market information continues to change almost by the day or even hour.
That’s why it’s so important to stay informed more now than ever, especially if you’re a homeowner. Black homeowners continue to be one of the least informed racial groups on important issues such as financing, loan rates and financial planning .
The information void will not only hurt today’s Black adults it could pass on to the next generation if the trend doesn’t change. Yes, information access is the new Civil Rights movement for African Americans in the information age.
As we grow further into the information age, the most informed will have the most power to solve and avoid problems in the future. That’s why it’s important you continue to find sources that give you current and accurate information like this one. Why? Because the only way to make accurate decisions is to have accurate information.
But beware, because accurate information that’s old or outdated is not only be useless but dangerous. For example, what if you were still living by the old information about lead paint, asbestos or sub-prime lending rules. Yes, staying informed and updated continues to grow more important by the day.
Gone are the days of a homeowner buying a home, sitting back and living happily ever after. The current housing industry rules, policies and information continues to change so fast many experts find it hard to keep up.
Here’s a new flash . . . You can’t always depend on the government to keep you informed and updated. If you don’t believe me ask the many Hurricane Katrina victims, many who are still waiting for government responses to questions, complaints and for aid.
2. Search Engines. – The backbone of the internet when it comes to research and information is the search engine. At no time in man’s history has there been a more efficient tool for gathering information quickly. A search engine is a web site that collects and organizes information. Most people use them to answer questions or find the solution to a problem, or even check the background of a company or individual. We’ve all heard of the popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN, but did you know there’s thousands of specialty search engines and dozens popping up everyday. For example, search engines for home improvement, real estate law, real estate brokers, home repair, etc. There’s even dozens of shopping search engines, travel search engines and more. There’s a search engine for almost any topic you can think of and some you can’t.
3. RSS Feeds. – RSS stands for Rich Site Summary. It’s a method of keeping updated on fast changing information on specific topics. More news and information sites offer fast changing information as an RSS Feed to anyone who wants it.
RSS Feeds allow you to easily stay informed and updated on subjects or topics of your choice, because the information comes to you hot off the press, so-to-speak. An RSS Feed saves time for busy people because you don’t have to visit websites to get information, the information comes to you.
Four Guidelines To Getting The Most Accurate Information.
Conclusion – The challenge to Black homeowners in this economic climate continues to depend on each homeowners ability to stay informed and updated. With news changing so fast it’s easier for out-dated information to blindside, surprise or leave you unprotected.
News continues to come so fast now, most news professionals can’t keep up. It may surprise you how more news organizations depend on average citizens to provide the news to them. In fact, most news organizations have hot lines and websites where citizens can send their own videos and photos to news organizations as it’s happening.
Because most news organizations have swamped schedules, you’ll have to fill in the gap and start being your own news reporter. That means learning to do more of your own research and information gathering. Although there are a multitude of ways to gather information, the three mentioned in this message is the most efficient and effective for the average person.
Yes, in this increasingly fast paced information age there will soon be only two types of people. Those who keep up with what’s happening and those who wonder what happened, which will you be?
Roy Primm is publisher of Black Homeowner News, the largest source of information for Black homeowners on the internet. Get more tips on how to manage a home in a tight housing market. Watch free educational videos, read informative articles and more. Go to http://www.BlackHomeOwnerNews.com
Tenant eviction is something that no landlord wants to have to go through, but sometimes it is the only option. Although most disputes can be sorted out through negotiation, there are times when eviction is absolutely necessary. If you are a landlord, then it is important to know the process of tenant eviction in case you need to use it. If you do not follow the proper steps, then you could end up losing money or not being able to get the tenant to leave. You could even end up being sued by the tenant for poor treatment. Therefore, getting the process of tenant eviction right is crucial.
Reasons for tenant eviction
Although there can be any number of reasons why tenant eviction needs to occur, some of the most common reasons include rent arrears, complaints about tenant behaviour or other breaches of the tenancy agreement. Of these, rent arrears is the most common reason for tenant eviction. If a tenant cannot pay you the rent that is due after a number of warnings, then eviction may be the only option left. However, before going ahead with eviction you should seek advice. A great place to get advice about eviction and other property investment issues is the investment property forum www.singingpig.co.uk. However, if eviction looks like the only option then here are some steps you need to follow before eviction can occur.
Getting paperwork in order
Before evicting someone, you need to make sure that all paperwork regarding the property and the reasons for tenant eviction are in place. This will include the tenant’s original rental application, the tenancy contract, and evidence of tenancy violations. For example, if the tenant has stopped paying rent then documentation showing this will be necessary.
Clearly stating reasons in the eviction notice
When you serve the eviction notice, you need to make sure that you clearly state the reasons why you are seeking eviction. Make copies of this notice both for the tenant and for your own records. It is important that the exact reasons for eviction are known to the tenant so that there can be no chance of a misunderstanding.
Check the property
Some tenants will damage or destroy property in order to get back at you for eviction. Before the tenant leaves you should inspect the property, making a checklist and taking pictures to prove the condition of the property. You will need to give the tenant at least 24 hours’ notice before conducting an inspection. This inspection will help you to withhold a security deposit in case anything gets damaged.
Giving the correct notice
You need to make sure you give the correct amount of notice after serving the eviction papers for the tenant to leave. This is usually between 30 and 60 days, although it can be much quicker if there are sufficient grounds, such as violence or serious criminal behaviour. If you require this, then you will probably need to go to court and get an order for fast eviction. Although tenant eviction is something that no landlord wants to do, if you follow these steps then you will find the process easier and less painful for both you and the tenant being evicted.
Julie-Ann Amos is a freelance writer with http://www.exquisitewriting.com on business and property investment. She recommends http://www.singingpig.co.uk as one of the most effective sources of information for small businesses and property investment. Their property investment forum is a place to find information hard to locate elsewhere.
Do you ever find your self looking at beachfront real estate in Mexico and thinking, I should have gotten into this back when it was still cheap! I’d be making a killing right now. ” The point is that people who know what they were doing back 15, 20, 30 years ago knew where to look and what signs to look for that these now red-hot Mexico beachfront locations would be worth a lot some day. These same savvy investors are now looking at other places that are showing similar signs – perhaps even more promising than the established real estate destinations showed in the past – of being excellent projects; Cheap Mexico Oceanfront Real Estate is still available, and in places showing tons of potential!
Highlighting two examples, one in Campeche Real Estate, the other in Tulum Real Estate, will demonstrate this fact very clearly. Perhaps one of the most exciting opportunities around these days to buy cheap beachfront land in Mexico is in the state of Campeche, on the other side of the Yucatan Peninsula from famous locations such as Cancun and Playa del Carmen. About 45 minutes south of the capital (also called Campeche) a large stretch of wide, white-sanded, virgin, beachfront starts. A few hundred yards back from the beachfront is a beautiful lagoon, which has a large amount of local wildlife, including dolphins.
One development, just outside of the fishing village of Sabancuy, is selling lots that include 66 ft of beachfront, and stretch back to the lagoon starting at about $65,000 U. S! With all utilities from water to internet available, two new luxury condo and golf developments nearby, a newly renovated colonial city center in Campeche, and in general a huge amount of investment into the area’s tourism potential, these lots are prime candidates to jump in value over the next few years. The are also great opportunities for anyone who has a few years to build their dream home for retirement.
In Tulum, just south of Playa del Carmen, a failed government home development project, called Chan – Chamuyil, ” was taken over by a private company a few years ago; the company subsequently began selling the homes in this beachfront community to Americans and Canadians for about $45,000. The most current price is around $66,000, and some home owners who have been re-selling for up to $95,000.
With Tulum’s proximity to several very successful real estate markets, plans for a new airport, which has just been opened to private bidding for construction and operation, and a new well-developed urban plan to manage the town’s anticipated growth, there is a high possibility that Tulum will soon see a huge rise in property demand; this means that quaint little houses in a nearby beachfront development will also be in higher demand, and the price will go up.
So, if you think that you’ve missed the band-waggon for great investments in cheap beachfront, think again. These opportunities are full of potential, and are just waiting for the last few savvy buyers to pick up the remaining properties. Contact your leading Mexico real estate agent today to find out how you can invest in cheap Mexico beachfront properties
TOPMexicoRealEstate NETWORK; Mexico’s Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
One of the main problems with foreclosure is that the legal system the banks utilize to force homeowners out of their properties can seem intimidating to those unfamiliar with it. From the original complaint and summons to the eviction order delivered by the sheriff, the entire process is more a show of government force and alliance with financial interests than an attempt to secure justice for homeowners.
The first step in the legal foreclosure process is typically homeowners receiving the bank’s complaint. This means they have a certain number of days from the date that they were served with the paperwork to serve their answer to the foreclosure complaint on the bank’s attorneys and to file the answer with the court clerk’s office.
But, it would not be a legal process if words like “complaint” and “answer” did not have confusing, uncommon meanings. Filing an answer does not just mean sending the attorney a letter explaining why the mortgage is behind – it is a legal term expressing a certain way of addressing the lender’s arguments in its complaint, stating legal defenses and references, and mentioning other positions in contrast to the bank’s statements.
An “answer” is a legal term and indicates the homeowners opportunity to fight back against the bank’s lawsuit against them. Borrowers can contest the lender’s ability to sue for foreclosure in the first place, or attack any of the claims made by the lender in the original lawsuit documents, or point out that the bank has violated court rules or government predatory lending laws and regulations and the complaint is not valid.
Every answer should be unique, depending on the circumstances of the case, where homeowners go in answering the complaint is up to them, but it is usually a good idea to research the correct manner in formatting and filing an answer or consult with an attorney. The rules of procedure that govern such court proceedings are needlessly complex, with state rules, county rules, and individual court rules that must be adhered to, or else the judge can throw out or ignore any motions on technicalities.
The original foreclosure lawsuit paperwork may also have a court date on it somewhere; if not, the homeowners should the courts as soon as possible to find out when it may be held. But in many cases, courts usually do not immediately schedule court dates on an initial complaint. What usually happens is the homeowners file their answer within the required amount of time and then a court date is scheduled once the bank and borrowers have filed any other motions.
In the beginning, though, homeowners should be aware when they are served with the paperwork that they have just been thrown into a complex system of rules, regulations, and judicial discretions. It is almost impossible for any lender, no matter how high-priced or expert the law firm it hires, to follow every necessary clause in every law, any one violation of which may invalidate the entire foreclosure process or even the mortgage itself, depending on what mistakes were made at what time.
There are probably dozens (if not hundreds) of ways in which banks could be construed as to have broken laws, agency regulations, or even the courts rules. Whether any judge will listen to these arguments or simply ignore them in order to railroad homeowners depends on the specifics of the court proceedings, but every borrower should learn at least the basics of the legal process and do whatever they can to stop foreclosure or delay the auction as long as possible before final judgment is awarded to the mortgage company.
The ForeclosureFish website has been created to provide homeowners in danger of losing their houses with relevant and important foreclosure news, advice and resources. The site describes various methods that may be used to save a home, such as loan modification
, halting a foreclosure auction, hard money loans, short sales, and more. Visit the site to read more articles about how the process works and how it may be prevented before it is too late and the home is sold at a county sheriff sale: http://www.foreclosurefish.net/
Reading level: Beginner
It is common that having a meeting in any circumstances. The meeting is organised for solving some problem arise before, during and after project commence. Matters discussed vary and will not have any fix agenda for discussion. Therefore, as an engineer, he must with his own professionalism to attend and resolve matters arise for a project. Below are some recommendations that what should do during meeting.
1. Do prepare some home work before attending a meeting. It is good to has read through the minutes about coming meeting. Get prepare project information for answering during meeting. Never attend a meeting without knowing agenda of a meeting.
2. As an engineer, the answer of any matter is important. In order to make any discussion, he has to judge it properly before answering any queries arise. In proper answer any queries will affect engineer’s reputation.
3. If engineer know the answer, then answer it with his knowledge. As for example when if public want to know whether a cracked structure beam is safe to use. As an engineer, he must either answer Yes or No. Do not answer it in such a way that may be safe or not safe. If he is not sure, he should answer it by saying he needs to check it first and forward the result later.
4. Whenever an engineer is not clear about a matter, do not commit anything to that particular matter. He either says that he has to refer back to certain person in charge and convey message back later.
5. It is quite often that engineer has to commit date line of project such as when a design is ready, when can start work, when tender drawings ready and etc. Therefore, it is important that engineer has to prepare these answers before attend a meeting. The answers of date line must be based on his own work forces. He must know when a design of a project can be ready, when a project can start, when tender drawings can be prepared. Such answers are based on his own working experience. Do not commit any impossible or unclear date line. When engineer keeps on giving broken promises, his reputation will be affected. Later will affect company reputation.
6. If client asking something that beyond engineer capability. One of the ways to deal with it by saying that he will be try his best to work on and forward it to client as soon as possible.
7. In the event that an engineer in charge cannot be attended a meeting, he is sending another person to attend it. It is good to brief the person who attends the meeting about matters that will arise during meeting. So this person will able to convey messages during meeting.
8. If engineer cannot attend a meeting and no representative. Engineer has to inform chairman about his absent and make apologise about his absent. Try to inform chairman about solution of matters for that meeting. Let chairman to convey message to other attendees.
9. Engineer has to always judge a particular matter that arisen for a project is under scope of works of engineer. He must make it clear during meeting. And direct the scope to right person in charge.
10. Whenever a particular matter is not engineer scope, do not intercept this matter in the meeting. If engineer really needs to help it, he must specific say that he is doing HELP for it. Otherwise, later and sooner this matter will become a scope of work for engineer.
11. In certain event that an engineer is rushing for time. He can request the chairman to go ahead with engineer’s agendas and make excuse from meeting after resolve these agendas.
12. Certain meeting will involve a lot of person. And meeting will time consuming. The meeting will take for few hours to finish. Some time, it only an agenda for engineer. Engineer can request chairman to move the agenda to the beginning of meeting and make excuse after the agenda. In the event that it needs engineer to attend certain agendas, engineer can talk to chairman to organise possible time for engineer to arrive. It for saving engineer time for waiting unnecessary time in the meeting.
13. In order to save time in meeting, engineer should avoid any queries need to resolve at site. Do not discuss in meeting because it needs to attend at site. Otherwise it will be double handling work. Try to resolve site matters at site, not during meeting. Whenever a matter has been solved. Do not discuss it in meeting. Engineer can highlight what is the solution of the matter.
14. Engineer has to justify that which matter is right to discuss in a meeting. As for example, a client consultant meeting should not discuss site matters. It is waste of time. Site matters leave it to technical site meeting.
15. Whenever, engineer is a chairman of meeting. He has to prepare meeting minutes in few days in advance. The minutes have to circular among attendees before meeting. It for reminder to attendees and let attendees have enough time for preparing necessary work for the meeting.
16. When engineer is a chairman, engineer has to always redirect the attendee’s answer to right direction. Do not let attendee answer un-related information about a matter in a meeting.
Chee is work as a civil and structural consulting engineer in Malaysia(12years). The article present http:www.civilstructural.com. my